Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Our excited little girl!


During our church planting process, our little girl has been a gem! I am totally amazed by her, by the grace that is covering her life, all our lives. Moving from Phoenix to Portland (which I must add, was an incredible journey with her. She never made a sound the entire trip!) Meeting new people, new houses, she has had people living with us the beginning of the new year. People in our home constantly. Meetings, worship practices, different church services every two weeks, she started school in January. Yet in the midst of it all she doesn't ever complain. She just goes where ever we go and does whatever we do.
As I go through different worship songs, to practice or just listen, she will sing along with me. Its funny that I don't think she is really paying too much attention.... but her spirit is! God has blessed us with a wonderful little girl.
So last night, she put the icing on the cake. To explain, when we started to talk about putting together a our worship team, we talked through all the people who wanted to be involved vocally & all those that played an instruments. Allison was there, so she asked if I thought that the kids could have a band too, I said yes that that would be okay. So she sat up a the table & began to write down all the names of the kids that could be in the band. She listed them one after another on a white sheet of copy paper. It made me smile and cry all at the same time.

Yesterday, we were at Target, they were selling off all there Valentines candy, she found a heart shaped Etch-a-sketch in one of the bins. She asked if she could have it. So I said that we would see how much it was, we bought it. Yesterday evening she came to me with the Etch-a-sketch & a plan, a kids church layout plan. She mapped out where all the classes would be for each age group. Where the main Sanctuary would be, also where the kids band would be. I am amazed! I am overwhelmed at the excitement of my little girl! I am overjoyed at her belief, faith and trust. I love that she has taken hold of the vision for her. Wow God is great!

It will be fun to watch her bring her vision to life. I believe there is a strong leader in her. Please continue to keep her in your prayers.

1 comment:

  1. I love her list. That is the sweetest thing:) You and Mark are truly blessed with such a wonderful little girl. Just imagine what a great woman of God she will become!

    ReplyDelete