Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Across your path

It has been about 7 months since writing anything here. At this point I am sure that any followers have given up ha! I just have been unhappy with so many things about it. So today while family left for the beach I sat down to work on it a little. I am so intrigued by blogging. I love most the idea of history. Looking back and seeing the story of our lives and the things we forget and have the joy of seeing after many months or years.
So today this blog got an overhaul. I changed the name, the layout, the look and a couple of little things. I changed the name cause I wanted it to be relevant to me as I write.
On my second visit to Portland with Mark and Allison, I sat in the airport looking out the window at the city and I cried very sad tears as I new I was letting go of a life I loved so much in Phoenix. (Not the weather though!) I was praying God, I don't know that I can do this thing you have asked us to do... I don't know that I am the person for the job, there are so many people, so much pain, so much I don't know. I don't think I have enough love to love this city. A very clear voice spoke to me that day and said, "I am not you to love every single person, I am asking you to love the ones I bring across your path." Of course now I am in love with my city, I live here and I am honored too. And I can honestly say that God has given my the capacity to love way beyond what I ever thought possible. So in honor of that moment, I have named our blog Across your path.

Over the last few months, we have had moments of craziness, miracles, provision, joy, disappointment but if I was to tell every story this would be a long blog. We have moved in the heart of the city. We live in the Pearl District and we love it. We moved in May and it has been a life changing experience for Mark, Allison and I.

Portico is doing well. God is laying a firm foundation and that cannot be moved. We have learned to let go and let God. We have learned to be patient in the face of every kind of situation. We are moving forward. Momentum is the key for us.

Please continue to pray for Portland and for the many lives that need a real Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment