Wednesday, November 10, 2010

All that's happening at once!

Seems like there is so much to say, yet I don't know how to get it all out! The lastest news from Portico is that we have our newest member born this morning. Congratulations to Derek and Kelli Wert on the birth of Finlee Scott Wert. We love you all. I definitely like growing Portico this way. Ha!
Mark, I and Allison are all doing well. We are so blessed by what God has done and entrusted to us. I live grateful everyday. Allison is doing great in school. She is working hard and it is a beautiful thing to watch her reading and writing improve tremendously. She is such a blessing. We are excited right now to have Mark's mom visiting, so Allison is thrilled!
Living here in Portland definitely makes driving very different, plus having Fina our dog changes that a little too. When we where living in Phoenix, God blessed us with a really good car. It was perfect for living there, but living here it just hasn't been practical for us. When we take Fina to the park she gets wet & muddy...that doesn't work out to well for the car. So as a result Fina really doesn't get to go anywhere. She stays home and we go out. Over the last while we have been trying to figure out a way to get a vehicle we like and one that works to take Fina places too. So we started looking. We were able to sell our Hyundai and then God provided us with enough money to buy a vehicle outright. We got a black Honda Passport, we love it. God is so good to us.
Church is going great, we have visitors weekly. Last week we had a Saturday night service instead of a Sunday morning because the building owner asked for a favor, he needed it for Sunday morning so we asked for permission to leave our equipment up all the time. They approved it. God works in wonderful ways. Saturday night service went great. God is building a great foundation in Portico and I love that. Our team is fantastic. They work so hard. Its truly amazing!
Our last series we taught from Acts. As part of one our Thursday night prayer meetings we had prayer for the baptism in the Holy Spirit. Wow God really turned up. It was incredible. 4 people were baptized in the Holy Spirit and two with the evidence of speaking in tongues. It was a night filled with joy and peace and power. Momentum is something that is built... Portico is gaining momentum all the time. We are moving slow and steady and God is blessing it. What more could we ask for.
Please continue to pray for us. We are praying for more people to join our team right now. Please be praying for growth but also for workers for this harvest field. We love you and thank you for your commitment to praying for us. We are moving forward. "I have decided to follow Jesus, I have decided to follow Jesus, I have decided to follow Jesus.. no turning back, no turning back. Though none go with me, still I will follow, though none go with me, still I will follow, though none go with me, still I will follow, I won't turn back, I won't turn back!." WE ARE PORTICO!

No comments:

Post a Comment